Rules of Play
- Life After Fifty is a non-profit organization and a registered charity with a mission to enrich the lives of older adults by providing opportunities to be fit, well and social. Registered Charity Number: BN 10745 0116 R0001
- The lottery will take place from February 1, 2021 through March 1, 2021.
- Raffle is operated under Provincial Lottery License No. RAF1200278 and is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario.
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older in Ontario.
- Tickets are $10 for 10 numbers, $20 for 25 numbers, $50 for 100 numbers, $100 for 300 numbers.
- Tickets will only be available via the online purchase website: www.LAF5050.ca; purchasers must provide their first name, last name, address, telephone number and e-mail as part of the purchase process and must purchase tickets only with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard) via a secure payment gateway provided through the third-party system “Paysafe”.
- Tickets will be sold using a certified online raffle system supplied by Bump 50:50; a computer controlled system conducting draws, including but not limited to the electronic ticket checkers.
- After buying, purchasers will receive a downloadable and printable ticket/receipt by email with their 50/50 registered numbers from Bump 50:50’s Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly. Numbers purchased will be stored electronically along with the purchasers’ purchase history and information.
- Players are solely responsible for maintaining and preserving the ticket(s) once it has been issued by the 50/50 system.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be broadcast and updated live (in real time) on the website www.LAF5050.ca.
- The winning ticket number will be selected independent of Life After Fifty by Bump 50:50’s automated Random Number Generation (RNG) system, from all online raffle numbers sold for the draw for the period of the raffle (February 1, 2021 through March 1, 2021).
- The winning number will be featured on the website www.LAF5050.ca after the draw (10:00am EST, March 2, 2021); additionally, the winner will be contacted via telephone and e-mail per the information they submit at time of online purchase.
- The winner’s name will be publicized via Life After Fifty’s Facebook, Twitter and website.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet. A scan of a valid provincial or federal photo identification card (i.e., driver’s license, firearm possession permit, passport, etc.) is acceptable.
- Once the certified winner is verified and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that event. If the winner cannot provide a photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is a minimum guaranteed cash prize of $2,500. The final prize total will be calculated at 50% of any additional sales. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- The Organization will not award a prize for tickets which are void unless the Organization, in its discretion, deems it appropriate to do so. Tickets are void if lost, stolen, unissued, illegible, mutilated, damaged, altered, counterfeited or forged, miscut, misregistered, defective, misprinted, cancelled, produced in error and not recorded in the on-line system, incomplete, not paid for, destroyed or issued, acquired or presented, in, or upon, violation of these Rules, or the Game Conditions. Void tickets are the property of the Organization.
- In the event that attempts to contact the winner are unsuccessful, the prize will be donated to a charity other than Life After Fifty, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Employees of Life After Fifty and their immediate family that are involved in the organization of the lottery are prohibited to purchase tickets and/or win the grand prize for this raffle.
- The above set of rules will be posted on the website www.LAF5050.ca and may be downloaded (pdf) or printed from that site.
For all inquiries on the conduct prizing and the procedures of the Life After Fifty electronic 50/50 lottery please call 519-254-1108 x 124 or email email@example.com
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1- 888 – 230 – 3505)